Purchasing Officer - Oil and Gas Servicing Company
Exciting new role for a Purchasing Officer to take a lead role with this Oil and Gas Servicing company.
Based in Maddington this is a great role for an experienced Procurement professional to really make their mark. Your day to day role will be to manage and oversee the Procurement of goods, logistics and services in line with project requirements and Company Operational needs. You will also develop and effectively source strategies to achieve the best cost, delivery and quality of products within business requirements.
- Review and approve requisitions for consumables, spare parts and services
- Source Quotations from Approved vendor list
- Negotiate and influence vendors in accordance to price and key delivery dates
- Obtain Approvals for Purchase orders
- Issue Purchase orders to vendors; awarding purchase order based on price, delivery and quality
- Strategically source and identify new vendors in accordance with Operational needs
- Regularly undertake performance reviews of vendors and contractors
- Oversee the Logistics of all Purchase orders; ensuring orders are received within appropriate timeframes
- Collaborate with departments to determine and identify areas where goods and services can or need to be improved and/or revised
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable to ensure the P2P process is followed and transactional activities run efficiently.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years in similar role
- The desire and ability to improve systems and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SAP experience preferred.
Ideally we are looking for someone to start at relatively short notice. This role will start as a contract but could lead to a permanent role for the right person.
LHS 297508 #2532545